Shot an 8 pt this past Nov crossing a bean field at last light…I was on field edge in a real tall box blind and deer got to 100 yds facing me and stopped…. was in my scope whole time as I watched him getting closer.I knew from experience exactly where was going to put the bullet soon as he stopped. Put a 130 TTSX handload 308 right in front of left shoulder in lower neck, saw him drop in scope as I pulled the trigger. Kicked one time. Took my time packing up, got down, walked up to him and head laying in a pile of blood running out id his mouth… never knew what hit him. Perfect shot no brag just fact. Bullet went angle down thru lungs and lodged in right leg bone….bullet weighted 129 gr on scale. Had it been a broadside shot would have hit him high shoulder 6 or 8” below spine and drop him in his tracks most every time as other have said.That shot hits the cluster of nerves and is instant death. Barnes bullets do there job if you do yours and if you learn where to put them saves a lot of tracking in most cases.