Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Hope you enjoy it. Glad I live in an HOA. Everyone of my freedom seeking rural friends that moved out of their HOA hoods do nothing but bitch about their neighbors junky yards , barking dogs and other noice. Or they spend their time taking care of the place. I just got got back from a 16 day hunt in Alabama. Place looks just like it did when I left. 21 day trip in November and a week away for Christmas. Same result. To me thats freedom.
I guess different locals might offer a more peaceful rural experience than others.My HOA has never bothered me because Im not being a PIA to my neighbors. And they return the favor.
Looks like a nice place Paul. Peaceful quiet place with a nice view sounds pretty good.

One should be really acquainted with an area before they buy a piece of land to put a home on.

You must be the only person that loves to live in an HOA.

HOAs can be a blessing or a curse. Often a little of each. Unless you have enough land to make it impossible for neighbors to disturb your peace or devalue your property an HOA can make sense as a way to protect peace, aesthetics, security and value.

We each have to decide what we want and how to best accomplish that with our budgets. If you have never seen what some parts of the rural southeast look like and feel like, then you can't appreciate why an HOA may be a reasonable choice.