North Forks web site lists a 230 grain bonded .348 bullet that looks good to me. Also, a friend texted me a pic of a prototype 250 grain .348 bullet from Fury Custom Bullets. Said it has a .025 jacket, all I know and can't find it on their web site yet. Maybe if they hear from enough .348 users they will become available.

For Alaska and peep sight use I am mainly wanting a heavy jacketed bonded 250 grain bullet for my .348 Ackley Improved. That and 50 years of moose hunting has given me and average of 150 yards for the first shot at a moose.

Before he passed I had several conversations over the years with Karl Mielke, the owner of Alaska Bullet Works. He said he was only offering heavy jacketed versions of his bullets because it's what most Alaskan's, especially guides wanted. He said his bonded bullets started at .025 at the nose and tapered to .050 at the base. That ensured expansion as velocity dropped off and if bones were not hit. He also said the thick tapering jacket kept the bullet together up close on heavy bones and big animals. Think brown bear and moose.

I heard good things about the Woodleigh bullets, like Swift they are spendy and I just never needed them since I had Kodiak bullets and Partitions and Barnes X of some flavor. Since the Woodleigh factory burnt down the few remaining bullets ain't getting any cheaper.

It always comes down to the right bullet being put into the right place at sufficient impact velocity.