2nd post on this for me.i have had rifles built by many of the top benchrest builders.going back as far as 35 years.from j borden to c spencer to b stevens and a few other of the old timers.best especially in this day and age is subjective and personal to each.but when it comes to hunting animals that can kill you and hunt you in return.controlled round feed by only the best will do.has to feed and function flawlessly in any condition.upside down or sideways.i bolt you can field strip and clean when necessary.darcy echols is known as the best.i wont argue it as i know a lot of the intricate things he does.to that point mr simillion and mr penrod are right there.i have 2 of marks rifles.one on a pre 64 and one on a classic.i have trusted both of them in the alaskan wilderness and have total faith in them.i also believe his chambering work is better than the other two.anyway as far as rem clone buils in my future.jon beanland and matt stewart will get the work.one each.i also own a gradous built rifle.perfection is the only fitting word.robert recommended matt stewart to me and that was all i needed.jon beanland and his work speaks for itself..