Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by high_country_
I ran them and they are ok as long as you never plug a tire, never have a flat repaired and have dry air.

A FAR superior solution is a centramatic, they pinch between the rim and hub face and offer 60oz dynamic balance. I do not have my tires balanced any longer and they run longer and smoother. Some of the best money I've spent....we have 3 sets, one 265 with duals and two rigs on 35's.....all smooth wear.

I've run both on semi's and trailers, and I disagree strongly. The Centramatics introduce a variable between the tandems and I've had more loose lug nuts and a couple of near wheel-offs with them. They also have an unacceptable failure rate, and when they fail the bearings rust together and you ruin one or two tires in an awful big hurry if you don't notice the balance problem (like on a trailer).

The beads work great. Toss in a bag when buying the tire, drive. I estimate my tire expense has dropped by about 15% since starting to use them, but nearly 40% reduction in steer tire expense. Much less problems with uneven wear and tires going out of balance prematurely. I'll never, EVER go back to centramatics.

How long did you run them? Mine are only about 10 years old now and still working fine.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.