As stated, it is mostly about personal preference. Excluding the full customs--which are always my first choice--at this point in my life I like:

Kimber or Remmy for lightweights

Remmy for high accuracy applications

M-70 Classic for all-around big game hunting

CZ 550 Safari for DG rifles in long chamberings

To that end, I have:

223, 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06 on mostly stock 700s

338 Winny on a highly modified custom 700. I'd like to replace this rifle with a similar SS Classic M-70, but my custom 700 is exceedingly reliable and durable.

300 Winny and 375 H&H in M-70 SS Classics in McMillan stocks.

416 Remmy on a CZ 550 Safari with a highly modified wooden stock.

Only the 30-06--a home assembled and headspaced rifle--is sorted out. The 338 Win--in defiance of the "Remmys shoot better than Winnys" paradigm, isn't accurate at normal 338 Winny velocities. Then again, initial testing with the 300 Winny M-70 produced 3", two-shot groups at 100 yds with factory ammo and the 338 is MUCH better than that. Still, I'd rather have the 338 on the M-70 and the 300 on the 700, and I may do that some day.

I'd also rather have a Kimber 30-06 than my home-made Remmy, but I just can't get rid of a rifle that weighs 8 lbs w/scope and shoots 168 grain Barnes TSXs in sub 3/4" groups at 2980 fps day in and day out.

Each action choice has strengths and weaknesses. I'd post them here but there are folks that will take exception to whatever I'd say negatively about their favorite action so I'll pass on that................