Originally Posted by Coopsdaddy
Im not,its PRIMARILY a hunting gun but i would like to do some bench shooting etc from time to time.

When I go to the 400 yard range, I see a lot of 22lr casings laying on the cement pad. I guess its a fad these days.. I've killed yotes at 150 yards with yellow jackets, but that's about as far as I'd trust a 22lr. Accuracy goes downhill after 200 and so does killing power. To each their own though. Do you have a good centerfire to shoot out past 200?
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I have old, Japanese made, Weaver V16/CV16 4-16x42AOs on a variety rimfire and centerfire rifles chambered in 17HM2, 17HMR, .22LR, , 204, 223, 22-250, 243, and 6.5 CM.

None of which meet the criteria the OP wants...

I damn sure wouldn't underestimate the V16 4-16. It's a great scope and can easily handle 200 yards. The only thing I wouldn't like is its not a scope you can readily dial. Lets get real here guys. Its a damn 22lr. A rimfire specific scope like the Bushnell rimfire 6-18x40 with the 22lr turret would work just fine for the op's needs. The turret is calibrated for CCI mini mag ammo or similar at or around 1,260 fps. No need to make it complicated. The op isn't silhouette shooting rabbits at 600 yards or competing in PRS..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA