The issue was some bad lifter parts used to produce motors from Sept’ 20 through Mar ‘21 (https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2021/12/are-there-new-problems-with-gm-v-8-engine-lifters-lurking/ ). The issue doesn’t seem as widespread as it sounds on forums, etc, from what I can gather. I’ve only met one person who had issues, and I’ve talked to 15-20 owners of newer trucks (neighbors, my dad, coworkers, etc). I met the one guy because GM was buying his back and he listed a like new bedcover on Facebook Marketplace.

I have a ‘21 Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 6.2L that was built in June (engine built in May). I had a scare with about 2500 mile on it, electronics went haywire, etc. It turned out to be a bad cell in the battery, replaced it and no issues since (9k miles now, knock on wood).

I’m not brand loyal, have owned 3 Toyotas, 1 Dodge, 2 Chevy’s, 2 Fords and this (my first GMC). So far, I am pretty happy with it. Traded a ‘19 F150 Ecoboost for it, was a nice truck but I am a V8 guy and couldn’t warm up to the ecoboost myself.