I recently purchased a TC Venture re-bored from a 243 to a 358 Winchester by JES. (I believe a 1:12 twist) It was sold on here a few years ago, and then again just a few weeks ago. I was the latest one to acquire it. I had a few rounds loaded up from my other 358 Winchester using TAC and 200 grain Hammer bullets. Just for giggles I shot a few in the Venture. 5 Shots went in 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards. I wondered how it would do with loads specifically tailored for the rifle. I found out! I ordered 300 of the .358 spire point seconds from Midway (seem to be Hornady) Received them yesterday, and loaded up a few with Win 748 powder. Took it out just before dark, and man does she shoot!! This was my first sub .5 group. I was so stoked! It was shot with a Leupold 2-7 VX1. If I ever try and sell it, please talk some sense into me!! In the picture it looks like 3 shots, but the plywood backer was new, and I could see 4 distinct bullet holes. Now I load up 10 and see how tight I can keep those!! For reference, those are 1/2 inch squares in the target grid.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Jevyod; 03/12/22.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.