Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Were you guys weighing charges, or just dropping them from your powder measures? Its because of this that I dont trust h335 in hot weather. Thanks

Guess its how you look at weighing. My procedure
Set measure .01 grains under max if and when I got to that point as all measures and most scales are +- .01
Drop and weigh 5 , drop 4 weigh #10, drop 9 weigh 10 and so on for the number I am loading. Baffles are used.

Ohh, believe it or not on a 95+ degree day at a match I had a max load of benchmark start giving stiff bolt, hard extraction in 223. Therefore I don’t use max loads of any powder(except Vargay cuz it slooooow) on hot days. Kinda like playing Russian Roulette. Win some but.

Thanks swifty. That is good advice. I was wondering because I just drop from my uniflow. That sob drops such accurate charges that I just go with it. Fast and easy that way. The one I use is old and I don't use baffles. I know others always suggest using them, so they sure can't hurt. As long as it works right? I know mathman doesn't concern himself with even .02-.03 gr differences in weight. Maybe that was just for his 308w loads, 223 may be a different story?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA