Originally Posted by 450BM
We have very few in Pennsylvania anymore. Many want to blame coyotes but they never seem to have anything to back it up. I think it’s fewer farms only because I grew up on a farm and we had three neighboring farms. Now there are no cows and no wood chucks. It’s like that all over our area. I don’t know, I could be all wet… But when I was growing up, I would hunt woodchucks just about every day and many days twice. I shot a lot of chucks and it always seemed like every one I shot would be replaced by two. Those were the days…

What Ive noticed here in Southeast and south central PA is that I dont find them as often in the wide open fields like in the past. They seem to have their dens in the wooded and brushy edges and stay closer to the cover. That being said I kill at least 5 a year just in my just under 3 acre "backyard"

As far as the OPs question I havent seen any yet but have seen that some sticks etc I put over some holes on my yards edges in the fall have been moved sometime in the last 2 weeks and there seems to be some fresh dirt around them as well. Saw a fresh roadkilled one near here about a week ago also.