Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
There's probably a million working people in that county that can't afford an apartment like that.

This is true. And there's also a lot of working people in that county that are homeless.
Like I said earlier - it's not just druggies or people that don't want to work that are without homes.

It's true in a lot of cities across the country. Where does the mom with three kids live after she's finally gotten out of an abusive relationship (and no other family/friend support), working cleaning hotel rooms - barely making ends meet when she was with her spouse?

I'm not being an apologist or bleeding heart here by any means - merely pointing out that the layers to homelessness are a lot more complex than what meets the eye.

yes compassion is a good thing and so is a hand-up. from what i saw of the homeless in venus beach and ocean beach, they were not women with kids. they were lazy f-ucks who wanted to smoke weed all day and live at the beach and not work. now that i think of it, that doesn't sound so bad. wheres my shipping container??

My diploma is a DD214