I've got a minor problem that I think can be fixed easily, but not sure.

I've got 3 7mm08 rifles, one of which I've had since Remington first made it a production round.

#1 is Rem 722 rebarreled in the early 80's with a 20" Douglas barrel.
#2 rifle has a 24" Krieger bbl
#3 rifle has a 24" Lilja bbl, my newest addition

All 3 were chambered by different gunsmiths.

I've been trying to work up a load that will perform well in all 3 rifles and find that #3 starts showing pressure indications way earlier that the other two as I'm working up to max.
I've experienced hard bolt opening and in one instance failure to extract the case.

What I've found is that the brass fired in #1 and #2 will chamber into each other but when trying to chamber into #3 the brass gets stuck with about 1/2" bolt travel left to go, then I have to use a cleaning rod to remove it.

I've measured the brass from all 3 and the necks are the same but the body right below the shoulder and just above the rim shows the brass from #3 to be .002-.003 smaller in diameter so I'm pretty sure this is the problem. Measured with a dial caliper so not too exact as I don't have a micrometer.

If #3 was my only rifle in this caliber it wouldn't be much of a big deal, except for reaching max loads much earlier in the progression of powder charge.

So shall I take it to a gunsmith and have it re-reamed if possible???????

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box