My current favorite is a Ruger SS Convertible in .22 Magnum. I've been making lots of noise about the new Ruger Bearcat and the new S&W Kit Gun.
The Kit Gun comes in .38/.357 as well as .22 LR. Even more so is their other light .38/.357, the Mtn. Light. All of 18 ozs. and seven rds. The Kit Gun goes 12 ozs. Both have adjustable sights and 3 inch barrels. Even at 18 ozs., the Mtn. Light is far lighter than the 32 oz. Ruger I currently pack. Or the 24 oz. Bearcat would be. And, of course, the .38 Special is much better field round.
To me, 18 ozs. would give me more weight to allow better shooting. And the .38 Special, with light, target ammo, kills small stuff amazingly well w/o meat damage. My experience with the .22's, both the magnum and the LR hollowpoints is either they don't kill well enough (the .22 HP) or they tear up too much meat in the magnum. I'm not good enough to make head shots most of the time.
Anybody have one of these light .38/.357 wheelguns ? How do they work for you ? E