Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by LFC
Like Big Stick said dont let those girls bypass the 22 RF....no better way to learn to shoot.

I'm kinda going through the same thing but getting back into long range shooting.
I bought a similar Remington in 6.5 Creedmoor at a similar price...hoping to get back in on a self inflicted budget.

I junked the stock and trigger....new pillar bedded stock put in a jewel trigger.....Nightforce scope setting in Bat rings. I figure it will likely need a barrel somewhere down the road....who knows how far.

I have over 3 grande in it so far....not counting the Forster dies and Lapua brass.

All I really got for $700 was basically a 700 action with a factory barrel of unknown accuracy.

I do have a good platform....if i did it all over again I'd take it over a built Tikka.

3 grande eh?
Way to go genius

Its very likely that a bone stock (not "built" at all) Tikka CTR would put a whooping on that Remington he put $3,000.00 into. You spend a little more money on a chassis for a CTR or buy a Tac a1 and that may work even better for some. That is if you have an appreciation for a chassis. I actually like the homely CTR stock, so that keeps costs down. YMMV on that though.

Same here. That stupid little CTR is an animal.

Semper Fi