Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just built an 18" arc and I'm trying to find a decent load for it. Most loads are clocking just under 2600 but accuracy with this aero upper hasn't been great yet. I have an 18" grendal with a BHW 3 groove that shoots incredibly well with 123g amaxes over 8208xbr at 2500 fps. My grendel seems to shoot most bullets well.

I've got a legend that works pretty well and spent a few years trying to get a 458 socom to function well. I think other than 5.56 the 6.5 grendel has been the easiest and best shooting. I've had good luck with 300 bo too. The blackouts are easy to do and usually shoot well. I've killed 3 hogs with 125g NBts at mv of 2250 from a blackout. The 125s performed very well at BO speeds. Most subsonic stuff doesn't kill well unless you have a bullet designed to expand at low speeds.

If I could only keep 1 ar other than my 5.56s it would be my 6.5 grendel. At least until I can get my 6 arc shooting better.

Bb

BB, I think I have the same upper as you. I have done well with LVR and 108's so far in my rifle. Plain jane Hornady brass as well. 10 shots have been a bit over MOA, but not much. I plan to put a bigger scope on the gun soon to see if I can shrink them a bit more.

I've tried lever and 105 Hornady bthps and they didn't do great. I've already loaded some 108s over lever for my next range trip. I loaded 29g and 29.5 so we'll see how they do. I shot 1 really good group last time out with factory 108s. I have a bushnell elite dmrII 3.5-21x50 on my 6 arc so i think it's enough scope.

Bb