Killing is the worst part of hunting for me and I take no joy in the killing. Conversely I do get joy from being a successful hunter knowing that my inner caveman is providing for my clan just as my ancestors have done successfully for millennia. The reality of my modern life is that whatever game and fish I add to the freezer and larder are a supplement to the store bought groceries….our lives and health are not dependent upon my success in the field. I could say that I hunt for the meat (I do) or that I hunt because it’s in my DNA (it is) but the truth is that I hunt because I love the outdoors and I love spending time with my friends and loved ones outdoors in God’s creation. I hunt for many different reasons none less important than the other but when it’s all said and done it’s the memories that endure and sweeten with age. The memories of the time spent with loved ones that are long gone outlasts the meat, the choice of the rifle and bullet combo is dwarfed by the excitement and anticipation of the newest generation going afield for the first time. I don’t think I can point to any one particular thing that “makes” me a hunter but I guarantee that if hunting only caused me to have bad memories then I’d likely quit hunting… so maybe the memories part is perhaps the most important part…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~