Just read thru the thread. The rifle turned out very nicely. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. I think you'll be happier with the 22" barrel too once load development nears the upper end if you decide to go that far.

I dug out my old springer postal scale & my rifle with 1.5-5x, a 1" leather sling, & 3 rounds of 250s weighs in just a hair under 9#s. With my rifle, there is a point where the recoil/muzzle jump becomes suddenly more noticeable with the 250s. A quick glance thru my notes didn't turn up the info, but memory says right around 2800fps or a bit above is the spot. When testing from a rest I've been resting my left hand on the barrel just in front of the rear sight, no downward push just sitting there, to keep the muzzle from jumping too much. PP2000MR is the speed champ with 250s so far, with best groups a bit under 3000fps. Started a series with N550 for schiidts & giggles as a new to me powder for comparison. It looks promising so far to at least equal H4350.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy