With steel prices getting nuts here directly... I decided to put my roofs on first... before building on the cabins.

I.e. For the cost of a 26 gauge final roof (per square)... I stood up a plumb, level and square structural frame underneath (almost the same $ anyway).

I will build SIPs on a deckover trailer back home... deliver... and stand up between the steel. Steel is 4' grid (legs and girts). Legs are 17' and the ridge is 22' +/- (i.e. I am getting to damn old to set fugging ridge beams @ 22')

"Mama Bear" is a simple two story cabin. It will have a 10' x 20' first floor vestibule with HUGE barn doors and a 10' x 20' first floor front porch in front of the vestibule... It will also have a 10 x 20 2nd floor porch.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I don't really draw plan on simple stuff anymore... just a couple of notepad sketches so the guys helping... get the general idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The overall madness bumping builds and cabins up the mountain to Laura's FINAL and PROPER home (NOT built of 12 gauge tube steel).

All pics (unsorted as of yet) in this link... https://photos.app.goo.gl/TNpvsyMkB83pGaYS6

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.