After some drama with the post office, I did finally get the gun. Barrel is 5", and it looks to have hardly been shot by its original owner.

[Linked Image]

I did some initial load development with Lehigh Defense 300 grain copper WFN, H110, WLR primers, and Starline brass. I was really just horsing around; groups were shot at 10 yards off the bench (not a Ransom Rest, just resting the receiver on a padded front rest). Ignore the first group...it was offhand. I found a sweet spot at about 37.7 grains. SD = 3.86 and velocity was 1610 fps over 5 shots.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As many have said, when shooting offhand recoil is a non-issue given the weight of this gun. Off the bench and after about 50 rounds, the palm of my right hand let me know it was about done. Lehigh doesn't have load data for this bullet in the 460 S&W; however, they say that this bullet with H110 in the Casull gives 1430 max (same barrel length), and the 250 grain Extreme Penetrator gets about 1690 fps in the 460 S&W. I'm somewhere there in the middle, which seems about right? I know that 10 yards (as these were shot) isn't even close to real accuracy testing, but this is meant to be a defensive bear gun, so I really just want to find a reliable, consistent load and get to offhand shooting. Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited by richardca99; 04/17/22.

Chris