Tighter is not always better when it comes to chokes, but sometimes it is. You have to find what your gun likes with the shell you plan to use. I have seen first hand that you can over choke your gun and blow the pattern. I have also seen where a shell with #6 shot does not pattern well, but the same shell/choke/gun patterns great with #5 shot.

I learned a long time ago that when you find what your gun likes, buy as much of that ammo (same lot number) as you can. Shell companies have been known to change components in their loading process from one lot to another. I had a gun that shot Hevi #6 shot great, the next lot I bought did not shoot worth a crap. They had changed their wads between the two lots.
I started loading my own shells shortly after that so I could control what I was getting. I hate patterning and trying to find a combo that gives me what I want. When I find what I want, I don't want to have to change anything, so I have the gun/shell figured out and I control my shells so I have not changed my combo in years.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....