I am lucky enough to live an hour from Levon's home in Woodstock and saw him several times. I saw a Midnight Ramble at his home after his first bout with throat cancer and saw him play at a local farm (the Gill farm). Levon was so down to earth. Garth Hudson also still lives in the Woodstock area. The Band is one of my all-time favorite bands, yet I never saw them in concert. Robertson was easily replaced as a guitar player and he was a lousy singer, such that most of the time his mic was turned way down during a concert. He was a good song writer but didn't give his bandmates any credit for their contributions. Levon was very bitter about that. They still hold Midnight Rambles at Levon's home as Levon's last wish was to "keep it going." The pregnant lady in the pink dress is his daughter Amy and she is a fixture at the Rambles as is Larry Campbell and his wife Teresa Williams.

In the video linked below "Poor Old Dirt Farmer" you can see his friend Mr. Gill and see Levon drive a tractor and his Midnight Ramble Band. Mr. Gill was a veteran of Iwo Jima.