I could never have imagined this could happen.

Walked in a black river swamp at daylight. Heard two birds about 300 yards away. It was still pretty dark so I cut the distance to 100 yards after crossing a small flat of water. Set up against two massive cypress trees with about a 20 inch opening between the two.

Gorgeous place with 12" grass as far as you can see and huge timber... you can see 100-200 yards all through this place. Made a few light yelps and got cut off. Birds gobbled 7-10 times and then went quiet. I was waiting for 25 minutes and saw/heard nothing. Called a couple of times and zilch... waited another 15 min and decided to get real aggressive before going to another farm. Got a box and started cutting on it while cutting back on the mouth call... then finished up with a jake gobble... NOTHING... did this same sequence again a few min later and nothing. Waited 5 more min and decided to check my texts. As SOON as my hand hit my jacket pocket, there was a WHAP!!!!! across my back and bounced off my head. I feel like he knew he made a mistake mid jump and was just trying to get out of Dodge... It pounced on me from between the two giant cypresses. As I immediately turned to see a bobcat in high gear going across the same log that I crossed WIDE OPEN.

Probably the most memorable hunt I have ever had... Killed probably 40 yotes that came in to a call and seen many more. I have only seen a handful of bobcats turkey hunting in the last 45 years... I'm thinking I only saw a scarce few of the ones that are there. Still trying to get my arms around what happened. Absolutely unforgettable.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers