Originally Posted by 450BM
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by 450BM
I found Blue Dot in 2 different places. Well, one for sure but may be able to get it from another source for a little less money. The local place has it in 1 and 4 lb containers and it’s 38.73 per pound in the 4lb jug or 43 by the pound. The other place it is 38 per one pound container which is what I’d like to have. I won’t wait too long to find out though, it will disappear on me again.

don't confuse Blue Dot, with IMR Blue...

4 pound jugs will be IMR Blue....not the same powder as Blue Dot.

Blue Dot is an Alliant Powder... and available in one pound and FIVE pound containers...

I called the shop yesterday to see if they still had it in stock. They do so I asked if if was a 4 or 5 lb container. She pulled it off the shelf and said it was 4 lb and it is Blue Dot. I guess I’m going to have to take a drive over this week and see for myself…

Well I am seeing that Alliant has dropped putting their Steel Powder in 8 pound containers, and it is now being sold in 4 pound containers...

maybe the marketing dept and the accounting dept, are trying to make bulk powder to not seem so expensive, while still jacking up the average price per pound...

Traditionally Alliant has been big in the 5 pound containers for quite a few decades...but things change... and I have seen much on the shelves to verify that positively or
negatively...

keep me posted on what you find out if you would please....

just make sure its not IMR Blue..... nothing wrong with the powder, but its not the same burn rate as Blue Dot from Alliant... close but not the same
and in this area, tolerances can be tighter, instead of more lenient.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez