Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Looking great Scotty. 44 of RL15 is just about right for a 150gr bullet. I'd run 45 in my bolt guns and a little less in my model 100. Looks like a damn good shooting rifle buddy.

It’s not amazing but at least I know the rifle isn’t sick. I’ll look around for some 155 Lapuas or something else that strikes my fancy for bullets. I’m cheap with the ARs. I’d like to shoot a sorta cheap bullet I can load without feeling pinched too much.

I ran the load over the chrono and it went 2627 AVG of 3 shots. Seems about right for an 18” gun. Not sure what else would smoke them out any faster.

Dang, I have a bunch of 30 cal FMJ I pulled, I could have sent you with the swifts the other day. Ha ha. I didn't know you were playing around with an AR10 308 though.. Just for chidts and giggles and I'm cheap too, when it comes to blasting my AR10 308, I loaded up some 150gr FMJ pulled from surplus 1942 military ammo and it shot well enough. My Armalite isn't really a tack driver, but I was surprised it shot less than 1.5 moa with the old bullets:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I hate burning up good ammo in mine.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA