The threads on water filters got me thinking (dangerous). Here's a suggestion if you like to boondock with an RV but tend to run out of water. I keep an extra water pump in my TT, just in case. I figured out a way to refill the RV tank from a creek using the spare pump. I got a household filter similar to this photo, then got a 1 micron cartridge for it that's rated to clean out the gut bugs. Then I got a bunch of plastic tubing and 16ga. automotive wire. I drive to a creek with this setup and some 5 gal jugs (the collapsible kind don't take up any storage space). The pump runs from my truck battery. It pulls the water out of the creek, through the filter, then into the jugs. Then I just pour the water into the TT tank. If I feel lazy, I can also use the pump a 2d time to pump from the jugs into the tank.

I made a mistake the 1st time I tried it. I put the filter ahead of the pump. The pump won't pull water through filter. It has to push it through so the filter has to be after the pump. The end of the tubing in the creek will float so it won't get any water. At the same time, it needs to be kept out of the muck on the bottom. I taped a nut around it to keep it from floating, then make sure it's sitting on a clean rock or gravel under the surface. A screen on the end will clean out a lot of floaters but it has to be kept clean. Even clean flowing water has a lot of gunk floating in it.

[Linked Image from images.thdstatic.com]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.