Sample of one and I'm a flintlock guy, but I bought a CVA Optima NW version for my Dad, he wanted a muzzleloader for hunting but didn't care/want a trad gun. It has shot very well with loose pyrodex and lead powerbelts. Its the stainless version with camo stock. The trigger is excellent and good fiber optic sights. The thing that impressed me the most other than how handy it is and the trigger was the ease of removing the breechpulg for cleaning. After 10ish shots it was easily removeable by light finger strength. I put lithium choke tube lube on the threads and it has been consistently easy to remove. We have some Hornady great plains bullets to try and I want him to try some of my 320gr REAL's in it too, the powerbelts are too soft for elk IMO. If I was in the market for an inline that's NW legal I would buy it again.
I have heard nothing but good about no excuses bullets, several friends use them with good success on elk. I haven't tried them personally as I have another hundred or so REAL's cast that shoot great out of my flintlock with 90gr 2f Swiss and greased felt wad, worked very well on elk.