I’m sorry, this is not a relevant post for this forum, but at this point I’m willing to ask anybody and everybody for advice. There’s a large group of people here, maybe somebody has an idea for a problem I have. Here goes:

I fly a Learjet for a private owner. The engines are Honeywell TFE731–20BR. Roughly 20 minutes after takeoff, usually right before reaching FL430, I get a red EICAS and a red master warning, ‘RT ENGINE BLEED AIR’. Supposedly a leak in the bleed air system of the right engine. The entire bleed air detection system has been throughly inspected, the fire loop has been replaced. There is no bleed air leak. The red messages/warning continue to occur.

The light extinguishes when I turn off the rt bleed air and idle that engine for 20 seconds or so. The passengers don’t like it when they hear an engine rolling back at FL430, it scares them. The light goes out, I bring the engine back and the light won’t come back on till the next cycle.

The A&P who does the wrenching can’t figure it out, says, ‘don’t worry about it’.
I’m not worried, the owner is. I think it’s an EICAS computer glitch. Any experienced turbine A&P’s that might be here have any suggestions?

I told the owner that we are going to get to the bottom of it.