Originally Posted by JMR40
The 325 does nothing the 300 WSM didn't already do, and do better.

This.

The 300 WSM shoots the same bullet weights to the same speeds at the muzzle. But the 300 shoots flatter, retains speed better at distance, and penetrates better with the same bullet weights. The .015" greater bullet diameter is about the same as a sheet of notebook paper, I just don't see that being enough to matter. I'm sure the 325 kills stuff just fine, but I can't think of a single reason I'd choose one over a 300 WSM.

I doubt the OP is seeing any new production 325 rifles. Maybe some that have been sitting in store rooms for years are making their way onto dealer shelves. I've seen brand new, never sold rifles that were 15-20 years old before. Big outfits buy guns by the truckload to get discount pricing. Slow sellers are often left collecting dust in a store room for years. Someone finds them and they put them on the shelf.

I agree with that. Had a few 300 WSMs but when CDNN was blowing out M70 Sporter 325’s for 600’ish I decent to try one out. It’s kinda different but doesn’t do anything a 300 would do.

Semper Fi