Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I am 67 and grew up in SD. I've owned and used about every kind of gun made except combination guns ( drillings ,etc.). Listened to more old timers go on like you have bugger than is good for anyone. You need to spend a bunch of time looking at the rim recesses on different types of used 22lr chambered rifles and pistols you will see the abuse and peening caused by dry firing. It's disgusting and all because of people making blanket statements about the good of dry firing. Then adding the qualifier of "well you should have used snap caps." Dry fire mausers and you get a peened out cocking piece with resulting firing pin protrusion from the bolt face. Dry fire double barrel shotguns with firing pin retainers on the breech face see how long the retainers last. Gunsmiths make good money on guns owed by people who are fanboys of dry firng. But by all means carry on...mb

I bought a 61 that needed to have the chamber reamed to get rid of the peening. There are many guns that should not be dry-fired, granted.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally