FWIW - my healthy Berman R9 (aka Weihrauch HW95) does 775 with Crosman 10.5 domes at sea level, and nearly 800 with H&N 10.64 Baracudas.
My Walther Parrus should do 950 with either.

If you are at 6,000 feet of elevation, I'm guessing you will lose 100 to 150 fps from my numbers.

Either rifle is a good choice - the R9 is great quality & accuracy with good power, the Parrus is good quality, very good accuracy and great power.

A Diana 350 is very good quality, very good accuracy and great power.

The Parrus is extra heavy, and discontinued. I would look for one of the other two. Both have better triggers too.
Krale is definitely your friend if you buy an HW95.

Also, for much less money, consider a Hatsan 95 or their 125. Enough to get you a quality scope and still meet your budget
Both are powerful (the 125's are extremely powerful) and pretty accurate. 125s are not for plinking unless you are very strong - they take extra effort to cock. No big deal for hunting though.

Take a look at Montana Marine's post here about shooting a block of ice with his 125. You'll see what I mean. And you may decide on a .22 or .25....

Be aware - most springers are tough on scopes. The magnums are scope destroyers. Buy something like a Hawke AirMax that is made for them and has a no questions warranty. And I recommend a 1 piece BKL mount if you get a 350 or bigger rifle.

The springer world is a lot of fun, and very rewarding. Learning to shoot one well is a good challenge.

Last edited by kragman1; 05/06/22.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....