Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I have a bunch of Stark bare root apple trees that are doing well. I'm not a fan of spring planting though.
I have had the bare root trees from Stark. NONE of them lived. They were planted in the spring and we got a hot wave and poof !! They were dead. I got 3 trees from Stark brothers this year. 2 didn't make it already. After I got them we had a couple of nights with a hard frost and lots and lots of wind. The 3rd one is still alive only because it is still in the house and came in a pot. I am under the impression that Stark's plants are too fragile to handle difficult weather in the spring and summer. They have a good guarantee but I really want a tree that is stout enough to stand up to some wind, frost and heat.

kwg

What part of not a fan of spring planting is confusing? Every one I've planted was in the late fall, all but one are doing well.

There is nothing confusing. I agree. Spring planting has not gone well for me.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.