I’m not much of a “wingshooter”. I’m cross eye dominant” (left eye dominant but shoot right-handed).

Because of this, I have a REALLY hard time picking up targets (seeing where they’re coming from). I kind of “cheat”. I usually make an effort to go last or near-last in a group, when I’m shooting. I don’t shoot sporting clays, much.

A few friends and myself did a “charity shoot”, a few years back. None of us shoot much sporting clays, but one of the guys and his son are really good in the field, and one of the guys is a serious skeet shooter (not a champ, but shoots a lot, and goes down to the world shoot in San Antonio every year).

Amazingly enough, myself and the father/son all shot low/mid 70’s, and the skeet shooter was in mid 60’s. (Out of 100). NONE of us had ever shot the course, before.

I think the skeet guy was so used to shooting the same thing, over and over, on the skeet field (and he doesn’t hunt), that the variety of directions/speed confused him.

I know I would have done MUCH worse if I had gone 1st or 2nd, each time, with my eye issues. Familiarity with the course, knowing where the bird is coming from, obviously makes a huge difference. I’m in my forties, but eyesight is def getting worse.

I would think somewhere around 50 would be completely respectable, if you don’t have the luxury of knowing what’s coming up at each station. Lord knows I’ve dove hunted plenty of times and hit WAY less than 50% of my shots..