I grew up during the 60's when the big deal was sporterizing and rebarreling 98 Mausers with more parts from Herters than all other sources combined. Swastikas' were cool but the best-kept secrets were the post-war La Corunas of the late 40's & early 50's, that if memory serves me correct were referred to as the Spanish Model 43. Inexpensive, as tight as the best of any of the early WW2 98's, and consistently available for two decades up into the early 80's. The last one I got donored a custom 7x57 with Douglas barrel for my now ex-wife, which she says she'll never part with. Whoever buys it can't go wrong IMHO.

BTW, most BAD opinions concerning the various M98's over the years derived not from the merits of the original actions/rifles themselves, but unfortunately on mismatched, wartime surplus rifles, from sub-Saharan Africa and thrown together by third world arms smugglers who somehow rebranded/re-ligitimized them enough to get them imported to the US by the dumpster-full.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.