This is one of 2 I've had and a model E. I still have this one and will likely keep it until I die. Its built off of a m1917 and fully sporterized by a company in England by the name of Birmingham small arms (BSA) company. They only built these for a few years. From 1949-1951 I believe. The reason I ask is because I had it out the other day, switching scopes and I took a picture of it. I don't use it much, but it's one of my favorite rifles:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is very similar to my pre 64 model 70 rifles. The dang thing looks like it even has a pre 64 barrel on it. A front sight hood from a pre 64 fits on this thing, as you can see in the picture. It still has the cock on close feature, but I installed a Timney trigger. My other m1917 has been converted to cock on open. Either way works, so I don't think I have a preference. This one has been re-chambered to 308 Norma magnum:

As you can see, it has a funky left handed stock on it. Because I shoot left handed. It works great for me. I took the original stock off and installed it on a P14 for one of my buddies. He had always wanted a P14 for some reason, so I surprised him with it on his birthday:

Share your BSA model D's and E's with me. Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA