Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
That’s a lot to get done in a short time with bureaucrats and under some pressure. However, there are good ones out there. It’s just that the bad ones make such a lasting impression.

Health issues aside, retirement can be a struggle for some. Hope all goes well for you.

I think it had something to do with this poor wretch either showing up in their office or appearing on the other end of the phone call asking to deal with terminal illness issues. It presses a button. I have to say, that on my trip to SS, I wasn't feeling all that perky. My general affect even before the chemo started had become that of a large sack of potatoes being dragged about by its own cussedness.

Granted, I don't think of myself as terminally ill, nor do the doctors. It's just that, for the purpose of dealing with social benefits, I am .

I am now beginning Day 5 of Post-Chemo Camp. If you'd asked me a month or two ago, I'd say I was having a good morning.

In regards to the farm: Moose called me up from down there yesterday. He had gone down to mow the yard and bring back what was left of Turkey Camp. He and Angus have stepped up tremendously on this front. That's good to see. The death of the deer camp just to our north came as the patriarch was laid low with a heart attack and none of his family would pick up the slack on chores. A year later, he put the place on the block and left in bitterness. It's all fun and games until the grass is 2 feet high.

My guess is that I'll be down there once before they start dumping the bug juice in again. Until August, I'll be somebody's dunnage ; they'll cart me around and throw me in a chair, and let me be patriarchal. I'm expecting to get by with a reduced punch list going into deer season. Just dragging my ass around is going to put extra draw on the system.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer