^^^^ I would agree if it is side entry. If the entrance/exit is at the head or foot, then a single door is fine.

For a long time my do-it-all tent was an REI half dome, roughly 1980 vintage. It went through hell and back backpacking, car camping, etc. Finally the fiberglass poles gave up the ghost splintering lengthwise. I figure 35 years is long enough. I replaced it with a Marmot LimeLight 2P. So far it has only done car camping duty, I use a Tarptent ProTrail for backpacking 'cept when I just use a bug bivy and cuben fiber tarp which is most of the time. The Marmot is in the same weight range with my old Half Dome.

I don't know what weather comes with 3rd rifle season in Colorado. Might be a good choice, might not. Depends on whether there are wind breaks you can set up behind / in during storms / trees you can camp under (safely) if it snows.

There is no infallible gear. Everything is part of a system. To me that system includes the landscape. Rather than trying to defeat it, I try to turn it to my advantage.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...