It sounds like we were all in the same boat in regards to the 204 Ruger. I have a buddy that has been using it since it came out. He loves the damn cartridge. Says it is his favorite "rat gun", along with his 17HMR that he's shot so much that its damn near worn out. I had never even considered the 204, as I have plenty of 223's. Thought the bullets were too light for shooting in any kind of wind etc etc. I only bought this rifle because it was a great deal. The extras on the rifle add up to what I pad for it. It also only has 200 confirmed rounds down the tube. Story is the guy bought it, fixed it up to his liking, used for yote hunting for a couple years and then moved on to an AR 204 ruger for quicker follow up shots. I asked the store manager, when I bought it, if it had an accuracy issue or something. I've seen that with some Tikka's I've bought used in the past. This is one where I'll shoot a little factory ammo through it, see how the accuracy is and if it is not up to snuff I'll give it the treatment and get it to shooting properly. I'll probably do that anyway, but at least I'll have a baseline. Which I much prefer when working with a used rifle.. We will definitely see next week though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA