Originally Posted by robertham1
BSA will be along shortly to ridicule you for not shooting 10 shot groups… Laffin’!!!!!!

I can’t imagine the time, effort, knowledge, and precision it takes to shoot groups like that. Well done.

Thanks...appreciate it, sir. smile

Doing initial load scanning with a real deal Benchrest rifle over wind flags, three shot groups are where I start. If it won't shoot small with three shots, five won't make it any smaller. grin

That range session was to evaluate core seating pressure and different base-to-ogive dimensions. Those questions having been answered, the next session will be five shot groups with different seating depths and neck tension changes.

When I find what I feel is a pretty stable tune up, I'll shoot a 12-15 shot group (not changing the aiming point) to insure that the center of the group remains stable. In Benchrest Score shooting, the 'X' is a 1/16" dot at 100 and an 1/8" dot at 200. Having a stable group center is critical or you'll get caught in a hold-off situation where the bullet is going to go exactly where you held it! mad

This 15 shot group at 100 shot with one of my other 30BR Pandas back in 2007 illustrates a pretty stable group center. The shot at 10 o'clock was my last round and was intentionally fired in a subtle mirage change. It went right where it should have.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner