Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Thank you. I believe I have some RL15 in house.

That is good. RL15 is hard to find right now too!!! When I run low on AR Comp, I run RL15, but adjust charge weight even though AR Comp is basically reformulated RL15, made to work better through a powder measure. When I have to use RL15, I run 23 grains of it for the 73gr eld match bullet in the 223. Keep in mind these loads are for an ar15 rifle, but I have used them in my old Savage predator. I've also found that 22.2gr of Exterminator works great too. One of my more finicky rifles likes that load. That exterminator powder is one I have actually been very happy with. My buddy has a pre ban Bushmaster with a 1 in 9 twist rate and it loves the 73gr ELD match bullet. Before a match, we took out a mix of ammo and tried some factory ammo, some of my 69gr SMK's with AR Comp, my 73gr ELD match load with AR Comp:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Surprisingly, his rifle liked the 73gr ELD match load better than any of the others. My Colt, on the other hand, doesn't shoot it as well as the 69gr SMK load:

Colt with 69gr SMK load:
That target was shot at my clubs AR match. The rifle was pretty new to me at the time too, so I was pretty happy with how it performed.. I like the 73gr ELD match bullet, but Hornady recommends the use of a 1 in 8 or faster twist barrel. That doesn't mean it will not work in your rifle if it has a 1 in 9, but something to be mindful of.

X-terminator and 2230 are the same powder. I seen 2230 readily available last couple months. So on your gunshop visits if you see it might want to get it. Unless you a have a bunch of X-terminator

Last edited by 79S; 05/15/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.