If there is such thing as an inherently accurate cartridge the 300 wsm is it. I've had many rifles chambered in 300 wsm and most shot incredibly well.

At one-point Hornady used the 300 WSM cartridge as the basis for accuracy testing their 30 caliber bullets. They found it to be the most accurate 30 caliber cartridge. I'm assuming that is still the case.

I had one for a while and liked it. I just didn't need that much power for anything I'll ever hunt and had a chance to sell mine at a profit. I let it go, but if I ever felt the need for anything with a magnum headstamp that is the one I'd buy.

Sometimes it takes time for some cartridges to catch on. The 300 WSM is just over 20 years old. The 270 was a dead duck at 25 years old and almost dropped from production before Jack O'Connor started writing about it.

The lawsuit over the rights to the cartridge hurt all of the WSM's. After Winchester was forced to pay royalties on each rifle sold, they stopped pushing them. Even though they were required to keep making them as part of the settlement. Those royalties are why almost no other manufacture made them which also hurt. In fact, the only reason Ruger developed their RCM cartridges and Remington their SAUM cartridges was to avoid paying royalties. Very few people understood what its advantages were, and Kimber was the only manufacturer to ever make a rifle designed around of the cartridge's capabilities.

One of these days someone will figure out that it makes a darn good accurate, lightweight mountain rifle cartridge giving 98% of the 300 WM performance, from shorter barrels, but with manageable recoil even from a rifle that is 1-2 lbs lighter than a typical 300 WM. Once people figure that out it should start making a comeback.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.