Just put out on the rack today at my local gun shop is a Remington 700 Stainless BDL (with bottom metal) Varmint Model in caliber 204 Ruger.
I did NOT have my bore scope along to check the barrel but the bolt face of the Rifle appears to have little wear and NO damage from blown primers etc.
The Rifle has a 26" stainless heavy barrel and a cheapish Remington "tupperware" stock with Remington butt pad. The wide forearm ventilated stock does have three sling swivel studs to facilitate a Harris type bi-pod.
The crown of the muzzle shows no harm
The trigger was excellent and crisp.
The all stainless Varmint Rifle has a Cabelas matte black finish variable scope (4 to 16 power) with cool Du-Plex like reticle. It is mounted in two piece Leupold style bases and apparently Leupold rings (matte finished).
I would rate the Rifle at 95%+ condition overall with no obvious flaws. There is some very slight discoloration/scuffing (staining/dirt?) on the barrels muzzle end - I am not sure if this would clean off?
Now for the good part the Rifle is on consignment for $600.00! No sales tax in Montana!
I have heard of some amazing prices being paid for small bolt face Remington 700 stainless actions alone - so I think this is a very good deal.
If anyone is interested the shops phone number is 406-683-9844 Tuesdays through Saturdays.
Let me know if I can be of any help - I will be Varminting tomorrow (Thursday May 19th) so may NOT be able to get back to the shop tomorrow with my bore scope.
If I did NOT already own 9 heavy barrel Varmint Rifles in 204 Ruger caliber I WOULD own this one.
I have NO idea as to who owns this consigned Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy