To be honest, I probably couldn't tell if deburring the inside of the flash hole made any difference for most loading, but it gave me a warm and fuzzy doing it just to be sure I was covering all my bases. I've come to the conclusion that loading is a total of a lot of sequential processes depending on how accurate you want/need your loads to be. Each process is incremental to the end product, so skipping one step in the process like deburring the flash holes, or chamfering the case mouths, or cleaning the primer pockets may or may not make a difference by themselves, the incremental nature of the whole process contributes to the end result.

To make a long story longer, it probably doesn't really matter all that much for hunting loads as long as you're not shooting extreme long range. In fact, in most cases I doubt you could measure the group difference in most hunting rifles with/without the extra steps. In a target rifle or across the course rifle it will probably be measurable, but I wouldn't know for sure....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.