Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Any of the cul de sac residents fighter aces?

One Korean War vet (Randy) and one Vietnam vet (Barbara, who was a nurse)

Never heard of Randy or Barbara.

You may have heard of my neighbor, he aint no Barbara.

Tom Kazansky ring any bells? He is a United States Naval Aviator of some renown. He was highly regarded during his time in Miramar and was deployed on the USS Enterprise where he shot down a MiG-28 while flying alongside another acquaintance of mine, Lt. Pete Mitchell. He was considered a real Top Gun during his time, truly.

Anyway, if you knew Tom you'd know he is very much by the book. He keeps me in check and squared away in regards to flag etiquette.

I remember not long after first meeting him we had a pretty blunt exchange. Tom has ice running through his veins. Told me something to the effect of "it's not your flag flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's flying the flag with you, but whose side are you on?"

Kinda pissed me off at first but we've grown to respect one another and if I ever need a wingman I know I can count on my good neighbor. I believe he feels the same.

On a lighter note, he is an assassin on our bar volleyball team! How's Barbs serve?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dang, Tom is your neighbor? I served with Tom and Pete. Tom and I were competing to get into Top Gun school and I would've beat him out if I hadn't rushed into that burning building to save those women and children. On the 24th trip back in the building collapsed on me. Crushed my legs and both had to be amputated. It was OK though, I got some kick-ass prosthetics. Now that I've told my story I can sign off with my real name.

Regards,

Oscar Pistorius

A wise man is frequently humbled.