I have a Rem 1100. In 1990 my wife gave me a smooth bore slug barrel for it. I tried a bunch of ammo and couldn't really land on any one that worked well. I sold the barrel to a co-worker and I think that he still uses it. Not sure what he uses though.

Then I bought a Hasting rifled barrel for it. It shoots the Beneke 3" Magnum Crush really well. The Beneke Magnum Crush has the rifling going in the opposite direction as your standard rifled slug so it meshes with the rifling in the barrel and isn't trying to spin the wrong way. When shot at paper, it cuts a hole the exact shape as the slug. I tried Lightfield sabots and they were all over the map and I stuck with the Beneke's. Another guy I know swears by Lightfields. The 1100
doesn't kick that bad because it's an automatic. My son uses that gun to this day.

Back in the 2000's, I bought an Encore and have a rifled 12ga barrel for it. I've only used the Beneke in it and it is very accurate out to 150 yards. The problem is that that round kicks like a mule. I've been scope bit plenty of times. As I get older, it's increasingly harder to take the recoil. Yes. it's loud.

A couple of years ago they changed the laws here and made it legal to use straight wall rifle cartages. I just ordered a 350 Legend barrel for it. I've pretty much had enough of the 12ga recoil.

Just curious, do you take your dogs with you when you're deer hunting?

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/20/22.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan