Originally Posted by rockdoc
Wait until the Cascadia fault produces a big one. Last was January 25 1700 IIRC.

Should be a big earthquake followed by a tsunami. Was up at Oysterville Wa late 2018, all that would by wiped out following the severe earthquake. Sobering. Wash it all into Willipa Bay.

I believe you are correct regarding our last big one based upon the dead cedar forest. The natives still talk about it in their lore. Because of the likelihood of earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes it took me over a year to find the “ideal” spot to raise the family. While my wife wanted waterfront I knew that raising a young family with their attendant little friends I couldn’t take the risk of not having eyes on them every waking moment. I think my experience as a firefighter informed that decision. I saw great parents that lost their most precious gift because they took their eyes off them for a second, I couldn’t go through that simply for a beautiful view. We’re on an island on the Lee side of Whidbey island 400’+ on a ridge. Our house is built on rock substrate and I’m as prepared as I can be for whatever happens.

PS….I just added earthquake insurance and civil unrest coverage. 🙄

Last edited by AcesNeights; 05/20/22.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~