Originally Posted by MikeS
That's definitely windy. Try using the upwind dust as a wind indicator if you aren't already. I'm assuming there are no wind flags.

Yep, you are assuming right. I generally watch what direction the dust, from the bullet splash, blows and how fast. Also watch mirage. That works when the sun is out good, but not so much when there's over cast skies. No wind flags allowed. Its a fun shoot, since I hunt it is great. It caters more to the varmint hunter, or "long range" varmint shooter. Our first shoot of the day is a money shoot where everyone puts in $5 and the winner gets the pot. Its a cold bore shoot and the target is at 800 yards, but the target is different each time. The first time I went, it was a steel milk jug. 1 shooter hit that. I went to school with that guy and he is pretty bad azzed. Then they tried to make it easier the next time and 7 of us (out of 22 shooters) hit the target. That time I was set up with better optics and using my creedmoor. That rifle shoots great, but I had not shot it at 800 yet with the new scope. I lucked out and just dialed in the dope based on what the calculator told me and I hit the small yote target. To make it more challenging, they had it quartering away from us. That morning it was pretty calm. Its all fun Mike. Like I've said before, shooting is shooting. I like competing. Used to shoot for money in competitive trap/money shoots. Had a partner that went with me and we did that every weekend and even on some weeknights. I'd make on average about $300.00/week back in the early 2000's. That was mainly done with a shotgun I paid $160 for, but it worked and it pizzed the guys off running Perazzis..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA