Supposedly Cincinnati is one of the founding Meccas of Cornhole. I don't know. It started showing up her about 30 years ago. The only time I ever came in contact with the term previous to this was in its other usage. One of my Dad's tenants ran afoul of a gang of alternate lifestyle types back in the twenties and in the 70's, he was still rather put out with the imposition. He used that term.

I have a friend that used to be a top radio jock in the Long Island market. He was doing a shift at the station located to Ground Zero on 9/11. He walked home across the bridge in all the hoo-haw, loaded up the family and moved to Cincinnati. He said Cincinnati was an intense culture shock. He'd reported to his friends back in Long Island that he'd had the whole family out to a Cornhole Tournament at Voice of America Park and then stopped home for 3-Ways at the local chili parlor.

In our circle horseshoes was a common past time. My father, back when he was a bachelor, was a scion of the Six O'Clock Horseshoe and Social Club over in Westwood. From what I understand the pits are still there and still contain the imported English clay that his generation brought in.

Last edited by shaman; 05/21/22.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer