Originally Posted by Blackheart
Some of you must be half blind. I killed a buck using my Crossfire crossbow scope 20 minutes before sunrise in the woods last season no problem. Anybody who couldn't better get their ass to an optometrist before you accidentally kill somebodys pet pony or worse. It sighted in easily and holds zero on a 370 fps crossbow, which I'm told can be as rough on a scope as a spring piston air rifle. As far as the accuracy I get, I could head shoot squirrels from 40 yards with the damn thing and the speed compensation setting is right on the money. You scope snobs are a fuggin hoot and I have to doubt you could kill a Holstein cow in a pen in broad daylight if you were forced to use iron sights.

I can confirm that after an Excalibur scope, the “best” they offered at the time, suddenly lost zero in the middle of a pre-season check for its third season. I quickly dug up a Vortex Sparc2 from my box-o-crap, which served until a re-furbed Nikon 3x was found. Could’ve cost me a deer if I’d quit the session one shot earlier and had an opportunity on the first day, but my practice is to unload the bolt when I leave the woods then reload and fire it when I get home, so would’ve caught it then anyway.

The Little Nikon is still in business and I don’t miss the variable power; I just zero it at 30 and the first two aiming points below center work at 40 and 50. BTW one of those Sparc2s lost zero on an airgun and another crapped almost out of the box after about ten rounds on a .357 revolver. Great warranty though 🙄

What fresh Hell is this?