the reason you see many different positions people shoot from is for speed and the least amount of hand movement possible to get the fastest draw. you guys should not knock it until you try it CowBoy Fast Draw has thousands of members in this country and a few other countries. I have been shooting this sport for 13 years now and it is the hardest shooting sport to master because it is so mental it changes from minute to minute and to be a champion you must be able to hit the target at about 70% of the time and shoot under .400 thousands of a second. that is from the time the light comes on till the wax bullet hits the target. we are having the US Championships in Deadwood,SD next month and have about 270 shooters from the US and I believe 3 Foreign countries coming. 400 since you show to be in Arizona you will find a lot of shooters there to check it out go to CowBoy Fast Draw on the web and you will find a list of all the clubs in the US with contact phone numbers so call the closest one up and they will let you give it a shot using their holsters,guns and ammo and it will not cost anything. great thing about this sport is you can shoot against a World, State or Territorial champion and beat them because it is your day and not theirs. you see above Cisko aka Master Gunfighter he has won many Championships but I have beaten him so it can be done and is a very inexpensive sport and a lot of fun, where else can you shoot 100 rounds of ammo for less than 10.00 sorry for this being so long